Select to view content in your preferred language

Report Attachment Grainy

Jump to solution
12-02-2020 09:23 AM
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to run a report that prints out a page for each feature with its attachments.  The feature class is hosted on AGOL through my organization.  The feature class only has 2 features.  The first feature does not have an attachment, so the page looks as expected.  The second feature has an attachment, which comes out incredibly grainy (like 1980s grainy) no matter what settings I enter for image compression (even turning off image compression).  Is this a byproduct of running the report against a hosted feature class (vs one on a local server)?  Below are 2 of the 5 variations on graphics compression.

arcpy.management.ExportReportToPDF("Vehicle Report", r"C:\...\3_ExportReportToPDF.pdf", '', 600, "BEST", "EMBED_FONTS", "COMPRESS_GRAPHICS", "LZW", "NO_PASSWORD_PROTECT", "***", "ALL", '', None, None)

arcpy.management.ExportReportToPDF("Vehicle Report", r"C:\...\2_ExportReportToPDF.pdf", '', 600, "BEST", "EMBED_FONTS", "COMPRESS_GRAPHICS", "NONE", "NO_PASSWORD_PROTECT", "***", "ALL", '', None, None)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Alison!

Thanks for following up. After our email conversation, I replied letting you know that it was a few teams that needed to investigate. I didn't get a response from you--I assume because of the holidays. We were able to fix this in Pro 2.8, which should be released mid-year. I'm not sure who @BillMoody is, but if he needs to get in contact with me, my email is the same (listed above).

Thanks!

- Alycia

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

0 Kudos
AlyDoesGIS
New Contributor

Hi Alison,

I'm sorry you are having problems with exporting your feature attachments. Grainy images don't really help in 2020!

Would you be able to share your data with me so I can take a look? My email address is arajendran@esri.com.

Thanks!

Alycia

0 Kudos
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

It looks like the behavior of the "Share --> Export Report" button in Pro does not match the behavior of the Geoprocessing Tool "Export Report To PDF".  The button DOES properly export a photo attachment from a hosted feature layer.  Unfortunately, the button cannot be scripted - only the tool - so there doesn't seem to be a way to script the export of a report.  I'm hoping that with some exploration, perhaps ESRI will find there's a basic error, like that the image quality ramp was erroneously swapped (such that "BEST" image quality produces the worst output, but that "WORST" image quality produces the best possible image quality).

RenéBurghardt
New Contributor II

Hi Alison,

I have the same problem with grainy images in my reports.

Did you found a final solution for the problem?

Thanks

René

0 Kudos
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

No solution; @AlyDoesGIS confirmed it is a bug and it does not seem to have been resolved as of the latest update.  Hoping @BillMoody and others will try to get it prioritized.  There's a workaround of using the tool instead of trying to use Python, but that's not to my satisfaction.

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Alison!

Thanks for following up. After our email conversation, I replied letting you know that it was a few teams that needed to investigate. I didn't get a response from you--I assume because of the holidays. We were able to fix this in Pro 2.8, which should be released mid-year. I'm not sure who @BillMoody is, but if he needs to get in contact with me, my email is the same (listed above).

Thanks!

- Alycia