Select to view content in your preferred language

Removed feature class can't be recreated and registered again

Jump to solution
09-08-2023 02:17 AM
Labels (3)
AndersMark
Emerging Contributor

Versions: ArcGIS PRO 3.1.0 & Postgres 14

I have a registered feature class in a Feature Dataset. It was first created & registered outside the FD and then dragged in. Then I remove it with ArcGIS PRO (AGP). After that I create the table again from PgAdmin (or another Sql editor).  When trying to register the table in AGP I got a message that says "Error 001050 Either  registered with database already or cannot open the dataset."

It isn't registered and it does exist. The symbol in front of the table name i AGP Catalog doesn't indicate that it is registrered. The table is at this point empty.  

I tried this with a feature class that hasn't been part of a Feature Dataset and then the registration is no problem. Something happens when the feature class has been inside a Feature Dataset. I guess some stuff is not removed from the sde-schema but I can't find where it is. 

Any clues on where to search?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

You could look in the gdb_items / sde_table_registry / sde_layers tables to see if there is already an entry there. If there is, I would contract technical support and work with them on how to potentially remove it.

DO NOT manually delete the rows in the repository tables as it could have unintended consequences.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

You could look in the gdb_items / sde_table_registry / sde_layers tables to see if there is already an entry there. If there is, I would contract technical support and work with them on how to potentially remove it.

DO NOT manually delete the rows in the repository tables as it could have unintended consequences.

--- George T.
AndersMark
Emerging Contributor

Thanks! I thought I had checked all tables BUT I missed out gdb_items. There are records from previously removed tables in that one. It must be some kind of bug i guess. 

I have seen this behaviour i ArcGIS 10.* and have manually removed those records without causing any problem in database. I will try the same here. If it doesn't work I can recreate the whole database. 

Thanks again for a fast answer!

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Not sure why those records are in there once you delete the table. I would highly recommend reaching out to technical support to investigate.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AndersMark
Emerging Contributor

I removed the entries in gdb_items manually and now registration of feature class is possible. I have mentioned the problem and also the solutionfor the Swedish ESRI-team . Hopefully they will investigate i further. 

0 Kudos