Select to view content in your preferred language

Remove From Project grayed out on Pro project

09-04-2024 02:31 PM
RandyKreuziger1
Frequent Contributor

I created a Pro project in 3.2 on a network drive.  There is a toolbox and a folder in it that I don't want others to see but I can't remove them.  Both show "Remove From Project" as being grayed out.  Seems so basic but it remains grayed out even after restoring Pro and rebooting.  I had originally added two toolboxes to the project but it let me remove one of them.

Also, the project is one I created and in a network folder that I have all permissions to.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

before you create the project, go to the project backstage and change these settings so that a default folder and toolbox aren't created

projects.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
WDFWAdministrator
Emerging Contributor

There is no default toolbox.  The toolbox is one of two I added to the Project.  I was able to remove one of them but not the other.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

strange, the only time I remember havin had an issue like that was when I didn't clear geoprocessing history (which may refer to a tool in a custom toolbox) but that was many versions ago and when I used to store geoprocessing history

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
RichardHowe
Frequent Contributor

Pick any other folder and set that as the default, then you will b able to remove the "L:\" one. In your screenshot the folder you are attempting to remove is already the default (indicated by the little home icon next to it) and so it won't let you. Same goes for geodatabases and toolboxes

0 Kudos