Select to view content in your preferred language

Read-only schema lock; project not open

05-24-2022 12:14 PM
Labels (3)
MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

I have an ArcGIS Pro project that will only open as read-only. I don't have it open anywhere else and I've tried closing everything and even restarting my computer.

Before this happened, I was migrating .mxd documents to Pro projects and feature classes from .mdb databases to .gdb databases

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro Indexing (Your_Username) has dropped out of the task scheduler library; still read only

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

and you might also want to try the operating system, by right-clicking on the aprx and checking its properties and untoggle any read-only setting.  it may be that once it is set, it can only be unset at the operating system level

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

It's been unchecked this whole time. I just checked it on and opened the project, closed it, checked it off and reopened it. Still no dice

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Back to the ArcGIS Pro options - at the very bottom of Indexing, click Delete Index and redo the workflows.  Still no dice?

0 Kudos
MattCotterill
Occasional Contributor

still no dice. I need to turn indexing back on to get it back in the task scheduler library so I can disable it in the task scheduler. then I go back into the options to uncheck the "update the index periodically" box and delete the index. still read only

0 Kudos