Select to view content in your preferred language

Question for Deep Learning Coconut Tree tutorial

02-17-2020 01:44 PM
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Hello,  I am working through the Deep Learning Coconut Tree tutorial and have a problem with the JupyterLab step.  I am not quite sure how to set the path in step [5] and have tried multiple variations. 

Good News:  Everything works until the Jupyter Notebook step! See below--Export Training Data was successful.

Bad News: the prepare_data steps always fails! Please note that I launched jupyter-lab from C:\DeepLearning\Data

I'm not sure what the issue is here.   I noticed an earlier thread from last year with similar questions, which was unresolved I believe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you installed the prerequisites according to

Install deep learning frameworks for ArcGIS—Help | Documentation 

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Dan,

I followed the directions in the training materials for this particular exercise: That step is titled:

Detect palm trees with a deep learning model

Clone the default conda environment

at this URL: https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/use-deep-learning-to-assess-palm-tree-health/

Use Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health | Learn ArcGIS<https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/use-deep-learning-to-assess-palm-tree-health/>

Create training schema. Creating good training samples is essential when training a deep learning model, or any image classification model. It is also often the most time-consuming step in the process.

learn.arcgis.com

I'll follow the first installation and then retry this tutorial skipping the conda environment step.

My sincere thanks for this email!

Cheers,

Bill

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

I created a new python image following these steps:

Please note that this installation order results in downgrading of two packages: libtiff and pytorch.

I then restarted ArcPro making sure that the correct Python image was active.  I reran the Export Training Data For Deep Learning step using the above python image.  This ran well with no errors.

I then started the required cmd window using the correct python image:  Please note that this is called DL_PalmDetection in my .

Excellent! 

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Oh dear--another academic with old hardware--any suggestions here please?  

I have a more modern machine I can run this on and am just checking--at least I'm not using my boss SUN ULTRA 40!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.5 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

can you run it link

ignore the minimum spec, the next option should be considered the minimum

Days wasted * daily rate = amount you could have directed towards a new machine

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Excellent point, I'll move this circus to better hardware now--thanks again for the help! 

0 Kudos
WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

This works great on the more powerful GPU hardware, training chips are well displayed--Thanks a million! 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so the documentation link worked then (?)

WilliamHarbert
New Contributor III

Yes, with the hardware update--everything worked perfectly.  I'm really impressed, this is amazing.

0 Kudos