Select to view content in your preferred language

Query layer on Oracle non-spatial table with lat/long column in Pro 3.0.1

09-21-2022 11:19 AM
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

Trying to create a point query layer based off an Oracle 19c non-spatial table in Pro 3.0.1.  

My query is: select NAME ,LATITUDE_N, LONGITUDE_N, SDO_GEOMETRY(2001, 4326, SDO_POINT_TYPE(LONGITUDE_N,LATITUDE_N, NULL), NULL, NULL) from SCHEMA.TABLE WHERE STATE = 'GA'

I see a point feature layer in my Pro contents, but no points on the map.  When I try to open the attribute table, I get an error that says, "Failed to open table. Error: attribute column not found [ORA-00904]. "ESRI_OID": invalid identifier.  

I did not select that field in my query layer, and it doesn't seem to violate any rules, so I'm curious what is happening here.  Any tips?  I also don't know how an ESRI_OID column got inserted into a non-spatial Oracle database but that should be besides the point.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

Okay, seems like I need to ensure a LONG field was set as the unique identifier field (which I wasn't doing) and then my query layer worked.  Another issue is the OID field needs to be indexed at the database level, so if you don't have control over the database, and there is no indexed LONG field available, then you're out of luck.  

0 Kudos