Publish an Image Service from a Map

Jump to solution
09-29-2022 09:31 AM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I am publishing an image service from ArcGIS Pro to a standalone ArcGIS server with Image Server.  Per the workflow in the ESRI guidance "Publish an image service", the following is outlined.

LanceCole_1-1664468532414.png

However, when I select Publish > Image Service, I do not have the option to select a "Map" from the project only rasters.  Am I missing something simple? 

LanceCole_2-1664468913833.png

However, if I select to publish a Map Service, I can then select the map from the project and publish a Map service.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi @LanceCole,

Thank you for your question. You actually caught a mistake in our help topic. Once you are in the Select Raster Datasetyou can browse to the raster dataset (not map) that you want to share.

We will fix the documentation in the next release.

Thanks again,

Jonah

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi @LanceCole,

Thank you for your question. You actually caught a mistake in our help topic. Once you are in the Select Raster Datasetyou can browse to the raster dataset (not map) that you want to share.

We will fix the documentation in the next release.

Thanks again,

Jonah

LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Jonah, 

Thank you for the quick reply.  You had my hopes up for being able to publish an Image Service from a Map.  

Related, I noted a lot of Python references in the ArcGIS Pro 2.8+ documentation that are not in the correct format.  For example, the Create Mosaic Dataset parameters indicate "arcpy.management.CreateMosaicDataset()"  but the proper formate is "arcpy.CreateMosaicDataset_management()".  

LanceCole_0-1664484649511.png

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Thanks, Lance. You can actually submit this type of feedback directly through the feedback link on the bottom of the help page. Thanks!

JonahLay_1-1664488033695.png

0 Kudos