Project Save Error

02-10-2022 05:27 PM
Labels (3)
DanielColeGriggs
New Contributor II

Hi. I'm currently using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1 & I have begun to have a problem saving my project. I can save here & there but eventually, seemingly at random, I'll get the 'Project Save Error' dialogue box below.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 6.40.54 PM.png

It seems like every time this happens, I also see that there is a backup in progress?

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 6.41.03 PM.png

I have waited hours for these backups to complete but they never do & I am forced to restart ArcGIS losing all edits & starting from my previously saved project. What is causing this? Would turning off the automatic backups solve this issue (I currently have it set to backup every 30min)? I am running Arc on my MacBook Air with 8G of RAM & the A1 chip using Parallels Desktop. Could that be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could turn off automatic backups or change the frequency.  But in the event things go bad, I would do a Save As.

Your ram memory is a little on the low side for Pro and you are running on a mac

Run ArcGIS Pro on a Mac—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

so be patient, especially if you have lots of images, layouts, etc

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DanielColeGriggs
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply. I am using 6 rather large rasters which might be why the automatic backups were taking forever. I created a copy, turned off the auto backups & after repairing the links to the geodatabase, everything seems to be running/saving fine.

Crossing my fingers & manually saving often!

Cheers

0 Kudos