programmatic log on

10-22-2021 09:43 AM
Labels (1)
JoanneMcGraw
Occasional Contributor III

Hello all,

Our group uses AWS CloudFormation and ArcGIS Powershell DSC to create EC2 instances with ArcPro and some Python scripts installed to run various long-running processes a couple of times a year.

I'm wondering if there is any possible way to programmatically log on to ArcPro with one of our organization's user accounts that has the necessary licensing level? It's the only part of the whole creation and execution that I can't figure out how to automate.

It's not critical; we just logon to the EC2 instance and then open ArcPro to login using the account we use for those particular processes. However, it would be lovely if we didn't have to do even that.

I've seen a few threads of people trying to do something similar for web applications, via JavaScript. Is it possible to access the OAuth stuff without the UI? It seems like it's the same login being used for ArcPro.

Anyway, after a few days searching, I still have no idea if this is even possible, let along how to go about it. Any suggestions or references to useful information is appreciated.

Cheers all

jtm

0 Kudos
0 Replies