Produce Map based on (variable) Input in a Form?

Jump to solution
03-08-2021 09:24 PM
Labels (1)
HeatherShearer55
New Contributor III

Hello, I am not sure if this is even possible, but here goes...

I want to create a form that allows people to select say 10 variables (and their importance level, say from 1-5) from a bigger list (perhaps out of 20 or so) and then given the selected variables and their weights, dynamically create a map of a specific area that corresponds to a dynamically created index (like Factor Analysis in statistics not Index as in indexing). 

So, a person might select a drop down list (or similar with ranking 1-5) of some Census type variables such as Family Households, Children under 12, general level of education; some distance type variables - distance from schools, in a school catchment, proximity to public transport; and some other variables (crime rates, traffic volume etc) and output a map showing a suburb/s that best correspond to their selection. 

I *think* I can do this via R or similar, but can it be done with Arc? Each suburb or geographical polygon would have all the attributes required, and there would also be additional layers such as school catchments, crime rates (point data, but I could create a heatmap), road type and traffic. 

THEN, I want it create a website from it (would have to use OSM as basemap I think)

Cheers and thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A quick tour of creating tools with Python—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

What is ModelBuilder?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

here are the options for creating tools and the interface within Pro without having to go to other development environments

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A quick tour of creating tools with Python—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

What is ModelBuilder?—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

here are the options for creating tools and the interface within Pro without having to go to other development environments

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
HeatherShearer55
New Contributor III

Thank you. I have figured out that I can do it in Model Builder (I would create the data tables that I want first in Excel), then select by attributes, then output the results into a selection layer. If this, as I think is the case, also creates the Python code, then I can use it in another (online) environment (with Ajax etc). Thanks!

0 Kudos