Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with ArcGIS Pro 3 and urllib3

Jump to solution
07-27-2022 01:01 AM
MichaelNüßlein
New Contributor III

I want to connect to my portal in ArcGIS Pro within a Jupyter Notebook using command arcgis.gis.GIS('pro') . This works fine in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 (screenshot 1 below). If I try the same thing in ArcGIS Pro 3.0, an error message appears (screenshot 2 below).

ConnectionError: A connection error has occurred: (Caused by ProxyError('Your proxy appears to only use HTTP and not HTTPS, try changing your proxy URL to be HTTP. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/1.26. x/advanced-usage.html#https-proxy-error-http-proxy', SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER] wrong version number (_ssl.c:1129)'))))

Does anyone know anything here

Best regards

Armin

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 works fine

ArcGIS Pro 2.9 worksArcGIS Pro 2.9 works

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 command fails

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 errorArcGIS Pro 3.0 error

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you confirm what version of Server is running the portal? My guess is this is some mismatch between client and portal environment that likely is a bug. ArcGIS Pro 3.0 includes OpenSSL 3, and it has some higher security requirements when authenticating clients.

View solution in original post

ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

I haven't heard other reports of this, but it sounds like a technical issue that should be looked at, and may be related to proxy configuration or other settings on top of the version difference. Are you able to log a bug for this issue?

To
by
New Contributor III

Michael, 

I'm running into a similar problem after upgrading ArcPro. How did you resolve it? Thank you!

6 Replies
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you confirm what version of Server is running the portal? My guess is this is some mismatch between client and portal environment that likely is a bug. ArcGIS Pro 3.0 includes OpenSSL 3, and it has some higher security requirements when authenticating clients.

MichaelNüßlein
New Contributor III

I try to connect to a portal version 10.9.1

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

I haven't heard other reports of this, but it sounds like a technical issue that should be looked at, and may be related to proxy configuration or other settings on top of the version difference. Are you able to log a bug for this issue?

MichaelNüßlein
New Contributor III

I have open a Support case to log a bug. 

In the meentime i have tested to connect to a Portal for ArcGIS 11 installation (with a self signed certificat). It works with ArcGIS Pro 2.9 but fails with ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1

0 Kudos
To
by
New Contributor III

Michael, 

I'm running into a similar problem after upgrading ArcPro. How did you resolve it? Thank you!

To
by
New Contributor III

I found that adding the below parameter to the arcgis.gis.GIS call resolves/suppresses the issue for me.

use_gen_token=True

0 Kudos