Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem exporting AIX file from Pro with layout extent being completely odd

Jump to solution
06-05-2024 06:40 AM
TristaThornberry-Ehrlich
Emerging Contributor

I need help exporting AIX files from Pro. I have been using Pro for several months and had no issues. Now, whenever I export a layout as an AIX or PDF from Pro, it opens it in a completely odd location within the artboard of Adobe Illustrator. The artboard does not seem to even exist and I cannot add an artboard in Illustrator per normal. Hitting "control 0" to zoom to the artboard zooms me in to a point at like 8000% preview and not of the layout, but a gray space. 

Any advice would be welcome!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahBell
Esri Contributor

It appears that logging out of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe and then logging back in has resolved the issue @TristaThornberry-Ehrlich . Thanks for reaching out. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PTW
by
Occasional Contributor

Did you export from a Layout or from a Map? Make sure you are on the Layout Tab when you export to AIX.

0 Kudos
TristaThornberry-Ehrlich
Emerging Contributor

Thank you, yes, I am definitely in the Layout tab. In fact, now, as part of my troubleshooting process, I am exporting layouts that previously opened fine in Illustrator and they now have this strange problem as well. If I export a PDF and open that in Illustrator, it is also strange. I also cannot save the files in Illustrator once I open them. I have been able to copy and paste everything into a new Illustrator file, but this would be tedious longterm. 

0 Kudos
PTW
by
Occasional Contributor

How about the file and/or compression settings in the export tab?

I believe these are the default settings:

PTW_0-1717603989150.png

I would also try restarting the computer, exporting to a different folder, and checking if your Arc & Adobe licenses are all set. There is a ESRI Plug In in Adobe that sometimes requires ESRI log in. Hope this helps!

SarahBell
Esri Contributor

@TristaThornberry-Ehrlich - It sounds like you have a very tiny map, so perhaps you are not exporting the map layout but a piece of the map. Make sure you are exporting the whole map and not just a selection. What version of Pro are you using? Would it be possible to share a PDF export and an AIX export? Also your Pro project if possible? If so, we can check it out and go from there. 

0 Kudos
TristaThornberry-Ehrlich
Emerging Contributor

Hello and thank you! I am using Pro 3.2.2 

I am exporting layouts from rather large maps. I have been troubleshooting this issue by re-exporting layouts that previously worked and now are opening in this strange way in Illustrator. How do I attach a mock Pro project along with the exported AIX file for your information? I appreciate you input.

SarahBell
Esri Contributor

Hi @TristaThornberry-Ehrlich - I'll message you privately how we can exchange files. It would also be great to see your PDF export as well. Stay tuned. I'll message you shortly. Thank you.

SarahBell
Esri Contributor

It appears that logging out of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe and then logging back in has resolved the issue @TristaThornberry-Ehrlich . Thanks for reaching out.