Pro Map Series dynamic tables

03-04-2020 01:35 PM
AndrewHargreaves1
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro‌ team 

I have a map series that contains a table showing attributes. I use the query funtionality to limit the entries in the table to only those features currently displayed in the map. The limiting attribute is which "district" the feature falls into.

What I really need is to use a related table, as I have features that may be in multiple districts and so to establish a many-to-one relationship. The issue is that then straight tables (as opposed to feature attribute tables) can't be limited by the query function. They just show everything. Is there any other way to achieve this?

9 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew, 

I'm assuming that the source of your tables are "standalone" tables in the map since the Query option in the Format Table Frame pane is disabled. This happens when the table source is not spatial - like a standalone table.  You can still set a query on the standalone table so that it works with a map series.  You do this using Page query—Layouts | Documentation . 

For example I have a map with a US states layer that drives a map series.  Each page is named by the field value for STATE_NAME. I also have a standalone table of cities and it also has a field STATE_NAME. I can set a Page Query on the cities table so that it only shows feature that match the current page.

Here is a screenshot showing the page for Montana.

I think this might be what you're looking for.  Hope it helps.

Tom

MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tom,

Is it possible to hide the table column headings?

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
Aaron
by
New Contributor II

Andrew:

I have yet to get this to work with a stand-alone table. Page query is set up, but it always displays all records. I am obviously missing something simple... thanks.

AaronDorsey_0-1610395405777.png

AaronDorsey_1-1610395585382.png

0 Kudos
Aaron
by
New Contributor II

Just a follow up, turns out an older version of Pro (2.6.1) works. Version 2.7 broke something. smh...

0 Kudos
JessicaBennett
New Contributor II

Hi Tom,

Is it possible to do this with a related table? 1 feature to many table records?

Thanks,

Jessica

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jessica,

You will not be able to use related tables in Table Frame or Map Series scenarios.

Tom

0 Kudos
JenMar_
New Contributor II

Hello,

How did you achieve turning off specific fields in your dynamic table? I have a stand alone table (I applied the Map Series Page Filter as indicated by @TomBole ). I would like to keep the highlighted field in the attached image example.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi JenMar, 

You can turn off specified table frame fields by clicking the checkbox next to the field in the Contents view. Unchecking the box will "turn off" the field. You could also remove the field entirely using the Delete command on the table frame field context menu (select the field and right-click to bring up the menu).

Screenshot.PNG

For more information on how to work with the table frame please see Add and modify table frames. There is also a tutorial Work with a table frame.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos