Pro 2.6 no longer showing export progress for map series

08-14-2020 11:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In Pro 2.6, when I export map series, the progress window changes to "Export Completed" while it is still exporting. In previous versions that box showed "current#/total#" while it exported, but that appears to have been lost. I know it's still exporting because I can see the outputs appearing one by one in file explorer, about 5/minute.

12 Replies
StephaneLefebvre
New Contributor III

Yep, same here!

Also, it's now impossible to stop the rendering of multiple PDF without killing ArcGIS Pro.

It does work when publishing to the same PDF but not for multiple PDF.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hadn't considered the not-being-able-to-stop aspect of this issue. That is extremely annoying. Surely it's just a bug, right? I mean, I don't think they would take away simple functionality like that on purpose...

At least they fixed the issue of clipping with the map series index not working if your layers had any transparency. ESRI giveth and taketh away, I guess.

0 Kudos
StephaneLefebvre
New Contributor III

Yes, it's a regression bug and we have a support ticket for the case.

LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I'm having the same issue, and now I can't even export at all. It's saying that the PDF (which hasn't been exported yet) is open in another program. What is the BUG number on this so we can escalate? I can't wait around for another patch to export floor plan maps for first responders. 

0 Kudos
DustinEdge1
New Contributor II

same here! That was a strange thing for ESRI to do away with.

This proves the disconnect between software engineers and actualy users.

I had to keep an eye on Windows Explorer to determine if the export had run through all the map series.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

All, 

This is a bug and has been reported as BUG-000132799. This only affects exporting to multiple PDF files. 

A fix is currently being tested. 

Tom

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

OK. Thank you. I found that the error only happens when I chose to export multiple PDFs with the page name as suffix. I can export as a single file and then split each page out to a new PDF. 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil

I just got a notice that this will be fixed at 2.7.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a timeline for release of 2.7?

I was the OP, but this topic has become less relevant to me because my company has had me revert back to 2.5, but it would be nice to know when the new versions were scheduled for release. 

0 Kudos