Select to view content in your preferred language

Polygons with related inspection table: split polygon and create duplicate related record/inspection for new feature created?

Jump to solution
09-05-2023 09:32 AM
ArmstKP
Frequent Contributor

I am going to have to split hundreds of polygons and wondering if there is an automated way to do this?  After I split the polygon, there would be a new related record/inspection created with the same values as the polygon's related record it was split from?

Any ideas or would I just have to use a spatial component:  If new polygon touches/borders other polygon, then create or append a new related record/inspection?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArmstKP
Frequent Contributor

I answered my own question, I guess.  I found out that I needed to create a split policy in my relationship, so if I split a feature, a new/duplicate related record is created in the related table for it.  Tested it and it works! 

ArmstKP_0-1693936960619.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArmstKP
Frequent Contributor

I answered my own question, I guess.  I found out that I needed to create a split policy in my relationship, so if I split a feature, a new/duplicate related record is created in the related table for it.  Tested it and it works! 

ArmstKP_0-1693936960619.png

0 Kudos