“OK” button for Application Theme grayed out

Jump to solution
04-03-2021 06:37 PM
Labels (1)
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2. I am trying to change the Application Theme to “Dark”. When I go to the Application Theme setting in Options, the “OK” button is grayed out and I can not commit the change.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGIS Pro twice and I still can not change the setting. My high contrast setting is off. At this point, I believe it’s a setting on my laptop but I am not sure what setting it can be.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

The issue was with the custom project location. (General -> Create Projects -> Project location) The custom location directory was invalid due to the folder location being deleted. Once updated with a valid location, the "OK" button was available and all settings were able to be saved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Notable Contributor

Visual modes of operation—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

is high contrast mode on?  if so turn it off

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

My high contrast mode is off.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Honored Contributor

Are you able to make any other changes in the settings?

Have you tried this?

Close all ArcGIS Pro sessions. Run ArcGIS Pro as administrator.

0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II
I am not able to make any changes in the options window because the "OK"
button is grayed out as soon as I open it.

I tryed running ArcGIS Pro as an Administrator but, it did not solve the
issue.
0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

I am not able to make any changes in the options window because the "OK" button is grayed out as soon as I open it.

I tried running ArcGIS Pro as an Administrator but, it did not solve the issue.Grayed_OK.JPG 
0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

The issue was with the custom project location. (General -> Create Projects -> Project location) The custom location directory was invalid due to the folder location being deleted. Once updated with a valid location, the "OK" button was available and all settings were able to be saved.

View solution in original post