“OK” button for Application Theme grayed out

Jump to solution
04-03-2021 06:37 PM
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2. I am trying to change the Application Theme to “Dark”. When I go to the Application Theme setting in Options, the “OK” button is grayed out and I can not commit the change.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGIS Pro twice and I still can not change the setting. My high contrast setting is off. At this point, I believe it’s a setting on my laptop but I am not sure what setting it can be.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

The issue was with the custom project location. (General -> Create Projects -> Project location) The custom location directory was invalid due to the folder location being deleted. Once updated with a valid location, the "OK" button was available and all settings were able to be saved.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Visual modes of operation—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

is high contrast mode on?  if so turn it off

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

My high contrast mode is off.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you able to make any other changes in the settings?

Have you tried this?

Close all ArcGIS Pro sessions. Run ArcGIS Pro as administrator.

Think Location
0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II
I am not able to make any changes in the options window because the "OK"
button is grayed out as soon as I open it.

I tryed running ArcGIS Pro as an Administrator but, it did not solve the
issue.
0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

I am not able to make any changes in the options window because the "OK" button is grayed out as soon as I open it.

I tried running ArcGIS Pro as an Administrator but, it did not solve the issue.Grayed_OK.JPG 
0 Kudos
TimothyBowser1
New Contributor II

The issue was with the custom project location. (General -> Create Projects -> Project location) The custom location directory was invalid due to the folder location being deleted. Once updated with a valid location, the "OK" button was available and all settings were able to be saved.

Carrie
by
New Contributor II

For me, both my default Geodatabase and Toolbox in the Create Projects section had lost their connections, so it wouldn't activate the OK button when until I reconnected them. I also noticed a slight red line under the the word General in the left pane of the Options navigation pane.