Select to view content in your preferred language

My features keep disappearing.

Jump to solution
06-14-2018 05:33 PM
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

I am having a weird issue with my layers. I draw a bunch of polygons and at some point when panning the map or something else that requires a redraw, I lose some or all pf the polygons from the map. Sometimes this is a redraw issue and redrawing again resolves it. However, other times the polygons disappear. Closing and opening the program doesn't bring them back. They are gone. It seems any layers that were checked when it occurs are affected. Anyone have any ideas? I've just lost 2 or 3 hours worth of work.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ajkelsey
New Contributor III

Ok, Kory. I think I may have figured out my problem. I thought ctrl-S saved everything and I didn't realize edits needed a separate action. I didn't quite make that connection when you had pointed it out in your questions above. So I think when I changed the map background color that caused me to lose all of the unsaved edits. There was probably a pop-up that I said no to, but I don't quite recall. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I'm glad you figured it out. 

1. You need to save your edits: 

2. If you don't, when you close the project, you get a message: 

3. If you click No, your edits are not saved.

Please consider marking one of the answers in this thread as correct.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Since ctrl+S saves the Project, you might consider setting a different custom accelerator as a quick way to save edits: Customize the ribbon—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

You can also customize Pro to always save edits when you save the Project.  I do this.

Just go to Project>Options>Editing and then click in the option box to "Save edits when saving project".

ajkelsey
New Contributor III

Thank you. I appreciate the help and tips!