My building model created from ArcGIS Pro can't be displayed by ArcGIS Online Scene Viewer

01-23-2021 07:57 PM
Labels (1)
cd780
by
New Contributor

I have a BIM model created from Revit and I would like to embed it on ArcGIS Scene Viewer. I georeferenced the model (with the "WGS 1984 Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere)" coordinate system) and it has been placed in the correct location in ArcGIS Pro (version 2.7.26828) but it cannot be displayed in the ArcGIS Online Scene Viewer. There's no error message during the sharing process in ArcGIS Pro and loading it in a Local Scene. I can see the layer was placed in the correct location (in online scene viewer) when I zoomed to layer and I can also see the original texture of my model. But nothing nothing on the layer was displayed.

Moreover, I also tried sharing the entire scene from ArcGIS Pro to Online Scene Viewer. The base map could be displayed but still I can't see the building model.

I would greatly appreciate it if any one can help.

Please see my screenshots in the attachment: BIM model in ArcGIS Pro (with object attributes table), workspace in ArcGIS Online Scene Viewer, model sharing log

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

Based on the screenshot it appears you are sharing a 3D object scene layer rather than a building scene layer. Is your goal to share it as a building scene layer or 3D object scene layer? In order to narrow down either a data issue or client issue can you add that scene service in ArcGIS Pro via the Catalog pane Portal Tab and visualize the data in ArcGIS Pro?

thanks,

Andrew