Multidirectional hillshade in ArcGIS Pro 1.1

Jump to solution
08-21-2015 06:24 AM
enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor

is it possible to calculate multidirectional hillshade in ArcGIS PRO by raster funcions ?

I usd  this function in Arcmap 10.3:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=403a846855f14539a2c15ff09398e8e5

iI there a way to do this in Arcgis Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

The multidimensional hillshade function is a custom raster function developed for ArcMap. Currently ArcGIS Pro does not support custom functions. You can however, implement the function (or any custom function) in python and then apply it to your data using the out of the box python raster function. In this case we have the multidirectional hillshade built in python and shared here - raster-functions/functions at master · Esri/raster-functions · GitHub

Hope this help

Regards,

Vinay

View solution in original post

5 Replies
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

The multidimensional hillshade function is a custom raster function developed for ArcMap. Currently ArcGIS Pro does not support custom functions. You can however, implement the function (or any custom function) in python and then apply it to your data using the out of the box python raster function. In this case we have the multidirectional hillshade built in python and shared here - raster-functions/functions at master · Esri/raster-functions · GitHub

Hope this help

Regards,

Vinay

enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor

grreat!!

thank you very much,

Enrico

0 Kudos
YovavZohar1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Vinay,

I've tried importing the suggested PYD raster function (from the GitHub source) into Pro 1.2, but I get error when I'm using it.

what am I missing?ProFuncError.png

0 Kudos
MervynLotter

Did you manage to get Multidirectional hillshading to work in Pro 1.2?  I am having the same problem importing the custom python code.

0 Kudos
YovavZohar1

Nope

0 Kudos