Mosaic datasets resolution when export image

04-11-2021 05:28 PM
mapping_gnome
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a high resolution world map using by overlaying several landcover data sources. Currently I have four different data sources each at a 30m resolution. I have the data loaded into mosaic datasets and two of the layers are displaying with pyramids and work just fine. However, the other two layers don't display when zoomed out beyond a certain extent. I've tried building overviews, but they end up downsampling too much and look overly pixelated at the scale I need. Below is a quick screen grab of what it looks like, the resolution of the green layer, is how I also want the red to display.

Looking to either force the data to display with just pyramids regardless of scale, or to build overviews at a smaller cell size so it doesn't look as pixelated and blocky.

mapping_gnome_0-1618187053920.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are the inputs all defined the same before you built the overviews?

Define Overviews (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mapping_gnome
New Contributor II

For the green tree cover layer, I don't have overviews defined and it is able to display the data just fine. What do you mean by "sort of retired"? Is ERSI going to retire overviews and replace it with something else. Is there some other way I should be working with the data?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It is my signature

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mapping_gnome
New Contributor II

Haha, whelp, I feel like a bit of an idiot! My apologies. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No apologies necessary... someday you will have a similar one  😉

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos