Model Builder Changes Parameters

07-26-2021 06:19 AM
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

I am somewhat new to model builder and keep having an intermittent issue with several different models.  One or more of the original input layers will randomly change to a different layer.  This mostly happens when I reopen my project the next day, but not always.  Sometimes the underlying layer within the model properties changes, sometimes is does not, but the labels always stay.  The input layers are hosted feature services and I have them set as parameters.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

See the picture below.  The top two parameters are my input layers.  You can see that the first one changed to a different layer in the dropdown.  But the correct layer is shown in the model, and when I open the tool properties everything is correct this time (sometimes it changes though).

LukeGilner1_0-1627305413310.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

I am seeing now that if I open the tool when the Map is active, and then switch to a Layout (or vice versa) the parameters refresh to the correct layers.  Is this just some refresh issue?

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Does anybody have ideas on this?  This occurs on a regular basis for me.  The layers in the input parameters randomly change to different layers.  Almost seems like it happens after layers have been added/removed to my contents.

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Am I the only one having this issue?  Somebody please respond.

0 Kudos