Migrating raster symbology settings from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro

05-23-2022 04:44 AM
ASw93
by
Occasional Contributor

I have an ArcMap layer that is sourcing from a Raster Catalogue. It has Symbology settings setup on it as seen in the screenshot that displays the raster imagery in greyscale.

ASw93_1-1653306005131.png

I want to replicate these exact Symbology settings now in ArcGIS Pro in an .lyrx file, which now sources the exact same raster imagery from a Mosaic Dataset. What's the best way I can import these ArcMap Symbology settings into my new ArcGIS Pro layer? 

I tried to importing the .lyr file into Pro but I get "Layer type is not supported".

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Instead of import, you should be able to just add data and pick the .lyr file in Pro.

R_

0 Kudos
ASw93
by
Occasional Contributor

I get "Layer type is not supported" when trying to add the layer to an ArcGIS Pro map.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Will it let you add the Raster layer directly without using a .lyr file?

R_

0 Kudos
ASw93
by
Occasional Contributor

Not directly as it was stored in a Raster Catalogue which ArcGIS Pro does not support. This was converted to a Mosaic Dataset. (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/imagery/migrate-a-raster-catalog-to-a-mosaic-data...).

I can now add this data directly, I now just want to migrate my symbology settings across from my ArcMap layers.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

OIC, that is where the error is coming from.

You can try to add the Mosaic layer to the map, open symbology on it, and import the lyr file there rather than trying to load the layer file into the map.

RhettZufelt_0-1653321880407.png

R_

0 Kudos
ASw93
by
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately this doesn't work either. I select Import from layer file, choose the .lyr file, and it says "Failed to display the raster layer as Stretched".

0 Kudos