Metadata does not display spatial reference

05-08-2020 06:36 AM
Saskia_Martin
New Contributor

Hi Esri-community! 

I am currently struggling with finding the spatial reference data in the metadata -- so the .DEM data shows the spatial reference all right, but the .sph does not -- any particular reasons for that? 

I am using Pro, the layout for the metadata is the same and I defined a projection (WGS84), so it's present in the properties. I am not sure if and how to manually insert the spatial reference - I thought it's done automatically by ArcGIS when defining the projection?

Thanks!! 

/Saskia

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Right Click --> Properties --> Source --> Spatial Reference ?

0 Kudos
Saskia_Martin
New Contributor

Like I mentioned, it's available in the properties, but not in the metadata, and I need it in the metadata as I need to export it as an HTML file to share it with someone. 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Apologies, maybe it's just how you're choosing to view the metadata?

0 Kudos
Saskia_Martin
New Contributor

Changing the theme doesn't change anything either, unfortunately, tried all of them. It seems to be with the shapefile I think. It didn't have a coordinate system before and I defined the projection. I thought it would automatically be implemented in the metadata then but it doesn't seem to be the case?

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

perhaps Upgrade metadata to the ArcGIS format—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

If you do eventually find the answer it would be great to know, as I'm sure I'll bump into the same problem in the future.

0 Kudos
Saskia_Martin
New Contributor

Solved it -- needed to hit the synchronized button. ArcGIS Pro does not update/synchronize whenever changes are being made (like defining a spatial reference). 

0 Kudos