Select to view content in your preferred language

Merging 4 tables into 1

08-24-2023 08:02 AM
AndrewReynoldsDevon
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

As the output of a model I have 4 tables with the same headings which I want to merge into 1 table. In Excel this is easy as you just add a new row but in Pro the merge tool only returns one value. I need a table with 4 rows in it. Each table only has 1 row of data so it needs to take each row & then add it on as a new row in the table.

Thanks

Andy

5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Append (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

doesn't work?

... sort of retired...
AndrewReynoldsDevon
Occasional Contributor

I tried to use the Append tool however you get the same row repeated 4 times when I need unique data on each row. Each one of the 4 source tables contains a row of data that I want to combine into 1 table with 4 rows

0 Kudos
AndrewReynoldsDevon
Occasional Contributor

I have a model that is run 4 times where it creates a row of data each time it's run however I need it add a new row for each time the model is run

0 Kudos
AndrewReynoldsDevon
Occasional Contributor

The append tool 'Merge rules allow you to specify how values from two or more input fields will be merged or combined into a single output value. The following merge rules can be used to determine how the output field will be populated with values:'. I don't want  1 output I need 4

0 Kudos
AndrewReynoldsDevon
Occasional Contributor

I need to carry out an upsert operation which you can do with the Append tool in Pro 3.1 but I have 2.8

0 Kudos