Map Series: How to have dynamic text draw from column order in attribute table?

Jump to solution
07-22-2022 12:50 PM
Druffe
by
New Contributor II

I've made a map series is ArcGIS Pro with dynamic text labels in my layout. The map title and location title of the map change with each map according to the feature that is in the visible extent. For the majority of the maps this works out well as there is only one feature in the viewing extent; however, with multiple features in the viewing extent - the map title reads both names, when I only want the main feature showing to be the map title. Is there a way to have dynamic text and map series follow a Object ID in a column, so only one feature per map is the labeling feature? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

One way to do it is when you've created the map series, you can add dynamic table text, then make it match off the map series rows (using your index feature)

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1658520019323.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

One way to do it is when you've created the map series, you can add dynamic table text, then make it match off the map series rows (using your index feature)

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1658520019323.png

Druffe
by
New Contributor II

Thank you, that worked! 

0 Kudos
JenMar_
New Contributor II

I have a similar situation (from a table) where I have multiple items in my selected page. The text doesnt break line per row and I want to be able to do that. Any advice on how I can accomplish this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DanielMx
New Contributor II

HI there! did you ever figure it out, I just got myself into the same issue.

0 Kudos