Select to view content in your preferred language

Man-to-one join

04-26-2023 10:58 AM
MWL_GIS
New Contributor

My utility uses a point feature class to represent objects, and we have a separate table in which we have been recording inspection findings on those objects.  The table with findings has one row per finding, not one row per object.  I now need to join the two in such a manner that each row in the feature class will include all findings for that object.  Everything I can find, though, is on how to do a one-to-many join, which is basically the opposite of what I need to do.  I need to perform a many-to-one join and though I haven't done this in many years I do seem to recall doing that back in the ARCGIS 9.3 days.  I know a lot of things have changed since then, and I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing it as it's changed terminology or location, or whether maybe we were using some tools or extensions I just don't have now.  Does anyone know if the current version of ARCPRO has a way for me to perform this kind of a join?

Below you will find a representation of what I'm talking about:

This is what all the information I can find is on -

MWL_GIS_0-1682531794389.png

But what I actually need to do is this -

MWL_GIS_1-1682531817563.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MWL_GIS
New Contributor

This seems close, but it looks like it doesn't quite match what I'm trying to do.  Perhaps I was too vague with the data in my example.  There is generally not going to be a convenient field to pivot for categorizing like this.  For instance, when I have five poles to inspect, and each one has anywhere from 2-4 inspections on it, I will generally not have a field associated to indicate what number of inspection it was or anything like that.  Nothing handy to pivot into column headers for the data to fall into.  I need something that creates new columns as necessary to add data to a row that already has data in the field it's trying to put data into.  This does not seem to do function in that way.

0 Kudos