Make hyperlinks in a popup appear in a default browser

Jump to solution
03-18-2021 02:57 PM
MichaelMorgan4
Occasional Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2 (latest patch as of 3/15/2021), links from a popup now go to a mini browser within Arc Pro. In prior versions of Arc Pro, links go to our default browser, which for me is Firefox. This would in turn show the link in my PDF viewer (Bluebeam), because my links are typically for PDF documents. This worked great, and I would like to show my links in Firefox again, but doing this is not obvious in Arc Pro. How do I revert link behavior to go to a standard browser instead of the whittled down Arc Pro browser?

12 Replies
NickHarvey
Occasional Contributor II

We put in a Support case, now connected to the two items below:

BUG-000138846 : Pop-up fails to play the MPG video file stored in a local drive in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.

*Note:  Our .mpg's would not play from network or https hyperlinks either. We demonstrated formatting with Support remotely, etc. 

ENH-000138568 : Provide the ability to open pop up link page with specific internet browser in ArcGIS Pro.

The original title of our Support case was "Hyperlinked documents do not open using default Windows program". 

RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Ahh yes, it's an enhancement to return the previous functiuonality that was inadvertently broken in a release. Clearly not a bug!

I can't find ENH-000138568 when searching  the support site. Any indication on what release that was implemented in?

0 Kudos
NickHarvey
Occasional Contributor II

Not sure about the release #, sorry.  I remember being unable to find the bug# and ENH# at the time also (they do still show up in our support page, see snips at bottom). 

It struck me that the mini-browser might have been either a temp workaround or a branch trial, but I could be wrong.  Ultimately this issue was fixed at 2.8.0, and the single quote hyperlink issue at 2.8.2 (see post below):

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/single-quote-apostrophe-in-hyperlink/m-p/1086262#...

NickHarvey_0-1630073215738.pngNickHarvey_1-1630073239160.png

0 Kudos