Select to view content in your preferred language

Make elements same width, size, distribute not working

Saturday
AvaFarouche
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I'm trying to make two elements the same width and can't make it happen. I'm using two legends on one layout - which is something I do often and this is the first time I've had this problem.

I cannot get these two to be the same width. In the legend settings, I've set the same width specifications, but they clearly aren't the same width. I've set all of the fonts the same sizes. I've selected both legends, right-clicked, and went to distribute/ make same size and make same width. Nothing. I tried just selecting each in turn and dragging the borders. It just moves the whole legend, but won't change the size of it. Of course I also tried restarting the software and restarting my computer. Nothing. 

Any ideas?  Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Save your Project in case things go south.

• For each Legend --> Pick a suitable Legend Arrangement Option in the Element pane besides Adjust frame

BarryNorthey_0-1723928153510.png

• Set the element's width

BarryNorthey_2-1723928407397.png

0 Kudos
AvaFarouche
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion! I already tried that. That's where I set the widths to be the same in both legends, and they're still not the same.

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

This might do it:

• Select both Legend frames. This opens a Legend tab.
  • ClickBarryNorthey_0-1723946683565.png
  • Set width for example to 5 inBarryNorthey_2-1723946911608.png
    in the Size and Position group.
0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

That's really frustrating, and I'm sorry it's happening. Can you show the legends and the legend settings? There are a lot of things that can be changed for legends, a little more information on how your legends are set up would be really useful. 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos