Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer not editable

08-22-2024 11:06 AM
Labels (2)
AvaFarouche
Frequent Contributor

Greetings!

I just created a layer in ArcPro, as I have many times before, and as I just did in the same project a couple of hours ago. However, this time, after using Geoprocessing to Create Feature Class, and going into the Edit ribbon to create the first shape, it won't let me do it. I keep getting the error msg that the layer is not editable.

Why is this layer not editable? I didn't change any settings. I went into the Editing Contents view and it was selected as editable. I right-clicked on the layer to Make it the Only Editable Layer. Image below, the layer I'm working with is Well_Pads. I still get the same message. Ever since I updated my software, a number of things that used to work no longer work. Maybe my laptop is going funky or I just need to reinstall the software??

Thanks for any suggestions!!

AvaFarouche_0-1724349941199.png

1 Reply
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @AvaFarouche 

If you hover over the red exclamation mark, does it show you an error message? There may be an issue that it's finding in the editing of it, I would also recommend saving and restarting the project just in case and opening it back up.

CodyPatterson_0-1724350224450.png

Cody