Layer selection

Jump to solution
02-01-2022 06:12 PM
PhillipGreville
New Contributor

Hi There,

After you have used 'Make this the only selectable layer' is there a way to make all layers selectable again without having to go through and check each layer.

Thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

For ArcGIS Pro, perform the same steps and use the "Space Bar" to toggle on/off the layers from selection. I tested it and it is working.

~Shan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
shan_sarkar

Hi Phil,

It seems once you specifically mark a layer for “Make this the only selectable layer”, you might end up having to manually toggle on selection for the rest of the layers. However, assuming you have quite a few layers in the TOC, you can simply switch over to the “List by Selection” tab and select the first layer that have selection toggled off and then scroll down to the last layer in the TOC and Press Shift and select the last layer in the TOC and it will toggle on selection.

shan_sarkar_0-1643788203866.png

shan_sarkar_1-1643788212589.png

shan_sarkar_2-1643788232485.png

This way you do not end up having to select each layer and can switch toggle on/off on layers. In case you want to toggle on/off selection on specific layers you can replace the Shift key with Control key and follow the rest of the process.

~Shan
PhillipGreville
New Contributor

Hi Shan,

Thanks for the reply. I am using ArcGIS Pro and it doesn't seem to work like that with Pro unfortunately.

You still seem to have to check each box.

Thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

For ArcGIS Pro, perform the same steps and use the "Space Bar" to toggle on/off the layers from selection. I tested it and it is working.

~Shan