Select to view content in your preferred language

Labels displayed on point feature classes auto displaying text I cannot remove

11-17-2023 03:53 PM
NJ2021
by
New Contributor

I have imported XY data from excel spread sheet. Points are showing nicely on map. I wish to label them, however information I did not ask to be displayed from another column is showing from excel table when I show labels. I can not for the life of me work out how to remove this, spent hours already, help! As per photo, the text in white I wish to keep, Text in black was automatically displayed and can not seem to remove using tools available. Any help gratefully received. Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

A layer can have two or more label classes. It's possible that there are two being applied at the same time. Set the Contents pane to List by Labeling and check the target layer to see. If there are two label classes, toggle off the one you don't want.

BarryNorthey_0-1700266562902.png

0 Kudos
NJ2021
by
New Contributor

Thanks Barry - that seems to have been the problem, appreciate your help very much, I cant tell you.

Dont want to take up your time so please ignore if you wish. As per photo attached -Not sure why I have duplicates of the labels in the contents pain under label? I had issues loading the XY table and did it a few times, maybe there is a double up of the data now on my geo database or map file? I have a lot to learn with GIS but if anything obvious springs to mind very grateful. 

Thank you so much! Your a legend

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

It looks as if you might have Duplicated the label classes. These can be managed by right clicking on the label classes you don't want and removing them.

BarryNorthey_1-1700273640291.png

0 Kudos
NJ2021
by
New Contributor

Thats very helpful, yes thats what I did, thank you so much

0 Kudos