Select to view content in your preferred language

Join creates <NULL>

4 weeks ago
Davec43
Occasional Contributor

I oversea about 20 users and some have the issues and others do not.

Existing_GDB = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(2) # Path to working GDB
FP1 = os.path.abspath(Existing_GDB)
arcpy.management.AddJoin(in_layer, in_field, join_table, join_field, fieldlist)
arcpy.management.CopyFeatures(in_layer, fr"{FP1}\out_layer")

For the majority of users the Join will work and the fields and info will be copied to the out_layer which we'll then do further processing on. For a select few they get <null> values in all the fields that were joined from the join_table. Is there a work around?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @Davec43 

It is quite strange that it works with some and not with others. Is the Existing_GDB you mention the same for all users? Along with that, is it hosted on some type of network drive or similar? My only assumption would be that there may be some inconsistency with the data between GDBs.

Cody

Davec43
Occasional Contributor

Existing_GDB is unique to each project. It's a very strange situation as on the same project user "A" will get this error while user "B" on a separate workstation won't.

Existing_GDB = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(2) # Path to working GDB

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @Davec43 

I see what you mean, so project A can be shared with User A and User B but User A will not be able to work the join. That is indeed very strange! It may be a permission issue, I would check to see that User A has all permissions necessary to access the files, maybe even print the first row of these two items that you will join just to be sure everything is correct within.

Cody