Is this a bug for the Attribute Table?

Jump to solution
09-10-2019 06:19 AM
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

When I have a table open for a feature class and only show selected records, there is a bug with deleting a single record of the selected records. If you Right click>Delete Row, Pro will delete the selected record AND remove another record from the selection. At first I thought it was based on the next ObjectID selected, but when you sort it then removes a record with a ObjectID unrelated to the deleted record. So I have no idea how it chooses which record to deselect.

The only thing I have been able to figure out for certain is that if you delete the last record in the table it will not remove another record from the selection. 

The workflow is illustrated in the attachment.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I just logged [BUG-000125122: Using Delete Row in the Show Selected Records view of a table removes more than one row from the selection.]  It usually takes a few days for it to show up on support.esri.com, so if you're interested in tracking it, check back there for it to show up, and then use the Subscribe button to get notifications.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

To be clear, it removes another record from the selection, but doesn't actually delete it, correct? (That is what you state, and it is what I'm seeing as well - just wanted to clarify...)

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

That is correct. It doesn't delete the second record, it just removes it from the selection.

I did have a heart attack when I first saw Pro removing the records as I did initially think it was deleting the records.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I just logged [BUG-000125122: Using Delete Row in the Show Selected Records view of a table removes more than one row from the selection.]  It usually takes a few days for it to show up on support.esri.com, so if you're interested in tracking it, check back there for it to show up, and then use the Subscribe button to get notifications.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

Thank you! Pro is fantastic and I appreciate all the work you all put in to make it so great.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this bug in Pro independent of the data source?  Or does this just occur for file geodatabases as opposed to shapefiles or enterprise geodatabases?

0 Kudos
AndrewDeLuca
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

When I tested this I was able to replicate it with data sourced from all three: Shapefile, File Geodatabase, and Enterprise Geodatabase through versioned editing.

gtyree_nmsu
New Contributor

Hi there. I recently came across the same bug while working in ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3. Deleting rows from the bottom up is okay as a work-around, but it would be nice for this to be patched, if only to end the small heart attacks that come with thinking you've deleted half your features by mistake. 

0 Kudos
ibelieveyouhavemystapler
New Contributor

This bug still exists in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2, and is indeed an alarming thing to discover by accident.

0 Kudos