Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there an 'Identify Route' tool?

04-11-2018 08:41 AM
StevenWeaver1
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS Pro 2.1, is there an equivalent to to ArcMap's Identify Route Location?   

I checked 'Tools that are not available', and  it's not listed.  However, I did not find any mention in the ArcGIS Pro 2.1 documentation.  

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
25 Replies
TedChapin
Occasional Contributor III

One year later, has there been any progress on this?

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I think that there has been progress on this for the Pro 2.4 release.  I haven't checked it myself but I hear that we'll be able to identify M values for a clicked location using the Explore tool.

DavidWheelock2
Occasional Contributor II

We're at 2.4.2.  Is the Find Route tool getting close?

0 Kudos
MariaHanley
New Contributor II

It's 2023 and it still as it was in 2018 so no work has been done. When will it be done if ever will it be done w/out paying for another license? This is a tool that is used daily... 

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@MariaHanley Please see my update posted 03-15-2021. Feel free to mark that as Solution so others can view as well.

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
StevenWeaver1
New Contributor II

Well done Dan, many thanks, I owe you a 'virtual' beer.  Maybe at a UC, I can make it a real one: c(~)   ascii beer mug

0 Kudos
HeatherWidlund
Occasional Contributor II

@esri Any update on the roadmap for simple linear referencing tools?

Also, please upvote this idea I found: Port "Identify Route Locations" and "Set From/To" Linear Referencing Tools from ArcGIS 10.x to ArcGI... 

0 Kudos
JohnPhillipsGeo
New Contributor III

Hey there Steven, I did my best to recreate the Set From/To and Identify Route Locations tools as an ArcGIS Pro Add-in.  You can find it here: GitHub - TxDOT/Pro-LRS-Tools: Linear referencing tools for ArcGIS Pro 

This is the first iteration, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
StevenWeaver1
New Contributor II

John,

Thanks for the link to your Git Hub and, I viewed the Powerpoint presentation.  

Best regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@_____ Is there any update on this.  Still not available in AGP as of 2.6 at the end of 2020.  I'd like to advocate using AGP in our organization but tools that are still MIA is preventing it: ArcMap Abú

Still not here @end of 2020Still not here @end of 2020