Is there an 'Identify Route' tool?

04-11-2018 08:41 AM
StevenWeaver1
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS Pro 2.1, is there an equivalent to to ArcMap's Identify Route Location?   

I checked 'Tools that are not available', and  it's not listed.  However, I did not find any mention in the ArcGIS Pro 2.1 documentation.  

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
25 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Not there... I am just wondering if it is one of those things that vanished when they introduced interactive feature input to some of their tools

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/analysis/geoprocessing/basics/interactive-feature-input.htm

So are you working with a linear referencing tool from its toolset?

0 Kudos
StevenWeaver1
New Contributor II

I'm working with 'routes' and on occasion, I just want to click on the line and determine what mile point I'm at.   For example, with the aerial basemap turned on I want to tell a maintenance worker the mile point where my route cross a stream (no vector, just the imagery).  In ArcMap, I could use the 'Identify Route' tool, click on the location and, it would display the mile point.   However, in ArcGIS Pro, I'm can't find an 'interactive'  (non-geoprocessing) tool.

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one looking for it.  Hey Kory Kramer‌ any thoughts for this?

That should just about do it....
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I don't have time... but apparently, if it exists, it will be here (maybe...)

FOUND IT!   now you just have to use it on a tool bar

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Hmmm....  I added to tool as Dan suggests, but am now confronted with a different issue. The tool remains grayed out and the mouse-over tip says:

This command is currently disabled.

Available with Location Referencing License

Yet another license to do day to day work?

edited after a google search.... Apparently one needs the ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing Extension now to perform LRS functions....

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

heeeeyyyy Joe!  

The question wasn't whether it worked... it was... where is it ...

my job is done!!!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

LOL. Sort of....  

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

sweaver_ca Joe Borgione et al. on this thread.  I wanted to follow up to make sure the community is clear on the roadmap for linear referencing.  While we have the geoprocessing tools in Pro, we currently do not have the equivalent commands from the ArcMap toolbar.  Pipeline Referencing is a new extension for ArcGIS Pro and since that is currently available to customers, there is an Identify Route tool associated with that extension.  

There is work to be done on the development side of things to bring linear referencing capabilities to Pro that are equivalent to (and better when possible) ArcMap.  The work just hasn't been done yet.  So Joe, I don't want this thread to be ended with the misperception that doing your linear referencing work in Pro will now cost you something.  It won't.  The plan is to provide functionality in Pro that will allow you to complete the linear referencing work that you currently do in ArcMap.  We just aren't there yet.  Thanks for the patience as this is built out in Pro.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Kory!

0 Kudos