Is there a way to separate conjoined multi-patch features into individual multi-patch features.

06-04-2019 06:16 AM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to separate conjoined multi patch features into individual multi-patch features. The reason being is that I discovered a workflow where I can export a Microstation dwg/other format into ArcGIS Pro. I noticed that when I do so it merges all of the individual layers into a single multi-patch layer. I would like to be able to separate these so that I can add attributes as well as being able to add related tables, attachments, etc. I know of a complex methodology for this but I just want to make sure that there isn't an easier way to accomplish this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert,

In the next release of ArcGIS Pro (2.4) coming soon, you will have the ability to do this with the following Editing tools:

• Slice Multipatch (new) will split a multipatch feature at a specified location using a horizontal or a vertical cutting plane. In your case, you would set the cutting plane between the individual parts that you want to slice apart.
  • Explode can now separate a multipatch feature into its individual 3D faces, which can then be merged back together if needed.

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Scott. I knew of another work around but it would take me twice as long compared to just separating out the features themselves.

apete8zz
New Contributor

can you provide the "discovered workflow where I can export a Microstation dwg/other format into ArcGIS Pro"?

0 Kudos