Image Transparency Issue While Exporting To PDF - ArcGIS Pro

09-26-2017 08:03 AM
SeanFadum1
New Contributor III

Hi,

When I apply a transparency to a raster image (ie. an airphoto) and export my layout in ArcGIS Pro to PDF, strange lines appear in the image (almost like the software is tiling it).  If I remove the transparency, then the export is fine. I have tried adjusting the DPI during the export and printing directly to PDF, with no luck.

Has anyone else had this issue... and if so is there a fix?  I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1.

Thanks,

Sean

Tags (1)
75 Replies
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

Update, our parks coordinator could see the lines on her personal Mac and her iPhone!

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I don't have the ability to add it the bug report as this is more of a Technical Support side of Esri.  I'd recommend calling the Esri Tech Support number, provide the Bug number to the analyst, add your Customer ID to the bug report and provide your observations so they may continue to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve.  Thx for the information - it should help them!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Robert - Is there a tentative Pro release where this issue would be fixed (I understand this would not be set in stone but just an estimate)?

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Michael - I reviewed BUG-000095765 in the Support site and the only update I saw was "In the Product Plan."  To me this means the next major release (2.3) but just my guess at the moment.  If you have not associated your customer ID with the BUG number, I recommend you do so.

0 Kudos
MarcelSt-Germain

Have you tried open it in another pdf reader than Adobe products?  i.e. Sumatra PDF by example to see if the problem still there.

0 Kudos
AZendel

I just downloaded and installed Pro 2.2.0.  Unfortunately, this issue is still occurring.  

SterlingLoetz5
New Contributor III

I am experiencing the same issue in Pro (2.2.1) with transparency set to basemap imagery. This issue occurs with ESRI basemaps as well as georeferenced imagery added to the layout.

I have tried adjusting DPI, export quality (Normal, Better, Best, etc.), and even uninstalling and reinstalling Pro. Printing to PDF is not a viable option as I have found the quality is decreased, and takes longer. Albeit, only 30 seconds longer but when exporting to PDF 30-40 times a day...

95% of our GIS products require export to PDF from layouts. This issue is keeping us from moving to Pro.

Any ideas or when this issue will be addressed?

BlairDeaver3
Occasional Contributor

Any status update on this problem?  This seems like a showstopper.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I've pulled up BUG-000095765 in the Support site and the status is still "In the Development Plan."  Hopeful for AGP 2.3 will resolve this.

BlairDeaver3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Robert for the quick reply.  I look forward to 2.3.  This is one last issue preventing us from migrating away from ArcGIS Desktop.  I do realize there are work arounds to the issue but they diminish the quality of the work product (convert to TIF or Print to PDF).  Thank you.

0 Kudos