Select to view content in your preferred language

external component has thrown an exception

11-01-2023 09:08 PM
Labels (1)
AvaFarouche
Occasional Contributor

Greetings,

I received the error "external component has thrown an exception" when trying to add data to a map from Catalog in Pro.  I had added other data just a few minutes before, no problem. But then tried again several times and kept getting the error.

I restarted Pro and my computer, but it didn't help. Restarting Pro was the only solution I had found posted on the Esri community previously, and several people said that that worked. I tried adding the data from the icon in the upper ribbon, instead of catalog and still got the error. 

This appears to be a common error across many types of software, but so far I have not found any solution I can translate to Pro.

Would appreciate any insights! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Margaret_M_Maher
New Contributor III

Hello Ava, I don't  know if you have resolved this issue yet, but it would be helpful if you provided some additional information.

1]  What kind of data were you trying to add that  returned this error?

2]  Does the error also occur when you try to add other types of data, or only that one specific type?

3]  Does this error occur with the same type of data on another user's machine in your office?

4]  What is the operating system on your computer?

I have the following suggestions.

First download a fresh copy of the software and repaid the installation.  Before updating though run CheckSum as described in the article below to validate the software download.  If there was an error in th download the software will not perform correctly after installation.https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-verify-an-esri-download-using-the-checksum-0000...

0 Kudos