Identify overlapping layers in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
09-06-2017 06:52 AM
TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1

I have 2 features (both from a different layer) overlapping each other on my map. They are both turned on and visible.

However, when I use the hand/identify tool to click on a shape, the resulting pop-up only provides me info about the top feature. There is no option (like in the WebApp) to scroll through to view the attributes of the feature underneath.

I struggle to believe this basic feature isn't implemented somehow. Can someone guide me? Thanks

clicking on the green polygon, I can't view attribute information for the hatched red polygon underneath.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Theodore,

Click the drop down under the Explore and you can select 'Visible Layers':

You will then see an option at the bottom to select the layer you want to identify in the pop-up:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Theodore,

Click the drop down under the Explore and you can select 'Visible Layers':

You will then see an option at the bottom to select the layer you want to identify in the pop-up:

TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

Excellent, thank you.

0 Kudos
CathyWilson2
Occasional Contributor

Does this not work with raster layers? I set Explore to Visible Layers and I still only see the values of the topmost layer.

CathyWilson2
Occasional Contributor

I have verified that this works as expected (click shows all visible layers, including rasters) in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.9 and 3.1.2. If anyone is still having this issue, please update your software. 🙂

0 Kudos