How to split roads using census blocks

Jump to solution
07-11-2021 10:36 AM
Surya_Vaidy
New Contributor

Hello! I'm a college student and this is sort of my first time using GIS extensively outside of a class setting. What I'm trying to do is split roads using census blocks so that I can try and visualize two things: which side of a road falls into which census block and how many smaller roads are inside the blocks themselves. However, I have not used the split tool before and I'd like to know a little more about the tool and if it can even be used in the manner I wish to attempt. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Split (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

split also uses tiling and parallel processing should the datasets be large.  Links to the appropriate help topics are within the split help topic

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe a Pairwise Intersect (same as Intersect) tool will give you more desirable answer, if you want the attributes of the Census Blocks alongwith the Road Data.

Give it a try.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Split (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

split also uses tiling and parallel processing should the datasets be large.  Links to the appropriate help topics are within the split help topic

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
CanJM
by
New Contributor II

This method worked for me. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should Accept as Solution the thread that answered your question to close the thread as answered

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos