Select to view content in your preferred language

How to set a background color for a Map in Layout?

09-22-2021 05:00 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

I'm having a hard time getting the map frame to keep its background color once added to a layout. I've got a nice gray color in the Map tab:

rburkebsrc_0-1632504917471.png

On the layout tab, however, it's plain white, even if I change the background color of the data frame separately:

rburkebsrc_1-1632504979350.png

Is this the intended functionality of these settings? There are no polygons or anything on my map covering the "background" - and as shown above, it's looking fine on the map tab. I'm wondering if there's just another setting somewhere that I'm not thinking of.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Forgot to share - if anyone is impacted, you can track this bug: BUG-000143484 https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE0MzQ4NA==. The improper functionality is the result of using blend modes in your layers. It has not been fixed in 3.0 as I hoped, but hopefully soon. When using a graphic rectangle as a workaround, be sure to set its labeling weight to none to avoid labeling problems. I label it with the bug number so I don't come back years later and wonder why the heck I did it this way.

rburkebsrc_0-1656106163185.png

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

didn't find it in the pdf

Release notes for ArcGIS Pro 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Yes -- it's not fixed in 3.0.

0 Kudos