How to Select Parcels with Two Street Frontages

Jump to solution
10-07-2021 01:48 PM
Labels (2)
Tex
by
New Contributor

ArcPro 2.8.3.  Apologies if this is an easy problem, but I want to identify parcels in my city that have two street frontages (corner lots, typically).  I have a ParcelPolygons layer...

Tex_0-1633638906671.png

... and a ParcelLines layer:

Tex_2-1633639202043.png

Using Select by Attributes I created a new layer consisting of ParcelLines that are StreetROW lines, but I don't know where to go from there.  How do I choose ParcelPolygons that touch/intersect with two StreetROW lines?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

intersect your streets to get the intersection points,

use Near to find the parcels with a distance of zero (if the lots bound the points) or sort by distance and select those with those less than a threshold distance.

A map or a typical lot/road situation would help narrow down some possibilities

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Spatial Join tool might work - join the parcel polygons with the selected streets using the Intersect match option and join one to one. The parcel polygons with Joint_Count field value 2 in the output would be what you need. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could do it in two steps, though I'm not certain it will work completely.

1. Select StreetROW lines that touch/intersect with other StreetROW lines. This will give you ROW lines at corners/intersections, I would imagine.
  2. Select Parcel polygons that intersect with that subset of StreetROW lines.

I don't have the data to test it out, unfortunately, but see if that works for you.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

intersect your streets to get the intersection points,

use Near to find the parcels with a distance of zero (if the lots bound the points) or sort by distance and select those with those less than a threshold distance.

A map or a typical lot/road situation would help narrow down some possibilities

... sort of retired...
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Spatial Join tool might work - join the parcel polygons with the selected streets using the Intersect match option and join one to one. The parcel polygons with Joint_Count field value 2 in the output would be what you need. 

Tex
by
New Contributor
Thanks Dan—that’s along the lines of what I was originally thinking.
0 Kudos