Select to view content in your preferred language

how to generate schematic diagram from GDB or XML using ArcGIS Pro 3.3

07-12-2024 02:51 AM
Labels (1)
srinivasrao1
Emerging Contributor

Can anyone suggest how to generate schematic diagram from file geodatabase or xml. We have some datasets, feature class, relationships, tables. 

Previously it was there in 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
CodyPatterson
Frequent Contributor

Hey @srinivasrao1

When you say generate schematic diagram, does this post and answer from Robert_LeClair help in any way? I went through it on Pro 3.3 and I was able to generate an XML schema report using their method on my FGDB:

https://community.esri.com/t5/geodatabase-questions/using-pro-to-extract-gdb-schema/td-p/827765

Hope that helps!

Cody

0 Kudos
srinivasrao1
Emerging Contributor

It is a report, but we required ArcGIS Diagrammer functionality where we can generate diagrams.

srinivasrao1_0-1720792449992.jpeg

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Frequent Contributor

I´d also prefer a ArcGIS Pro native solution. However, in the meantime you could take a look at Enterprise Architect (by Sparx Systems). It can handle ArcGIS Workspace XML documents.

0 Kudos
srinivasrao1
Emerging Contributor

It is licensed version, and we can try in free version but required output would not be generated. We required Entity Relationship diagram (ERD) for GIS Datasets

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Frequent Contributor

If you don´t mind workarounds, you could import your file geodatabase into a database. (The easiest way would be to load the data into an EGDB) Once you have the data in the database, there are numerous tools that can help: Generate database table diagrams from a PostgreSQL database - Software Recommendations Stack Exchang...

0 Kudos
srinivasrao1
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for suggestion. I could not able to load data into sql with relationships. Only FC's can be loaded.

Please let me know if you have any other way to generate Entity Relationship Diagram Automatically.

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Frequent Contributor

Yes, ArcGIS Specific functionality is only supported in Enterprise Geodatabases (you can enable Enterprise Geodatabase functionality in a test SQL Database if you have ArcGIS Pro Standard and an ArcGIS Service license file).

0 Kudos