Geocoding Results Spatially Off

105
2
Jump to solution
11-27-2019 07:29 AM
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

I created a locator in Pro using the "Create Address Locator" geoprocessing tool.  It was a "US Address - Single House Subaddress". Then I ran the "Geocode Addresses" geogprocessing tool against a table of addresses, using the preferred location type of address location, and checked the categories.

What I am seeing is the geocoder has matched all of addresses in the table with almost 100% certainty.  However spatially the results are off from the actual point.  The results are any where from .3' to a foot and half off.

I have checked the data from the source and the map are in the same projection.

I am a loss.  Should they not line up exactly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

It is just odd that it should line up with an existing feature, but it does not.  Nothing to lose sleep over, so I am moving on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The results are any where from .3' to a foot and half off.

Given the season, my first thought is you have a lot to be thankful for...  

I guess in theory they should be, but that level of precision would be more than good enough for me...

can't wait to retire....
0 Kudos
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

It is just odd that it should line up with an existing feature, but it does not.  Nothing to lose sleep over, so I am moving on.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos