How to convert MPKX to MPK?

Jump to solution
04-05-2021 10:11 AM
user91745
New Contributor II

I made many maps in ArcGIS Pro and saved them as MPKX. I need to share these with people who do not have access to ArcGIS Pro. Is there some way to convert MPKX to MPK?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Here's a viable workflow if you want to go from ArcGIS Pro to ArcMap - How To: Import an ArcGIS Pro project to ArcMap (esri.com)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

To my knowledge, ArcGIS Pro packages (*.mpkx) are not backwards compatible to ArcMap packages (*.mpk).
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/map-package.htm 

user91745
New Contributor II

Ugh! So I have to remake all those maps in ArcMap??? There is no other path?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Here's a viable workflow if you want to go from ArcGIS Pro to ArcMap - How To: Import an ArcGIS Pro project to ArcMap (esri.com)

user91745
New Contributor II

@Robert_LeClair thank you for the info. Using AGOL looks generally viable, except it doesn't work with netcdf-based rasters. Anyhow, IMHO ESRI needs to put flashing neon warning signs on ArcGIS Pro telling users that it is not backward compatible. I've lost days of work because I assumed it was.... Now I need to re-create all my maps in ArcMap. Ugh...

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I understand the frustration of backwards compatibility and the issues presented if you have to go back to ArcMap.  Although not flashing in the AGP application, Esri does have an FAQ for ArcMap users to learn the workflow differences.  All the best!

0 Kudos