How do you display popups configured in Pro with expressions in a webmap?

04-06-2018 03:25 PM
AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

I read in Author a Webmap that "You can define pop-ups in ArcGIS Pro for all web feature layers so that when shared, the pop-ups are already configured." However, I configured a popup in Pro with two expressions (highlighted below) and neither the label nor the values are showing up correctly in the webmap. 

Popup with expressions in Pro - how it appears in webmap

0 Kudos
13 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Are you using Arcade expressions?

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

In addition to what Kory asks, can you post the expression that you are using? If ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS for Developers is used, it should be available in web map. Also please enter the pop up configuration of the web map and see if the expression is there (the field/expression name is there, but is the expression there too?).

AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I'm using Arcade expressions in Expression Builder in ArcPro 2.1.0.

My expression named BookPage:

IIF(IsEmpty($feature.book) && (IsEmpty($feature.page)), '', concatenate([Text($feature.book),Text($feature.page)], '/'))

My expression named qcxfer:

IIF(IsEmpty($feature.qt_book) && (IsEmpty($feature.qt_page)), '', concatenate([Text($feature.qt_book),Text($feature.qt_page)], '/'))

0 Kudos
AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

Yes (see below)

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Your expression seems to be valid when used in a web map:

Can you enter the expression editor in your web map and see if the Arcade expression is there?

0 Kudos
AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

I don't see an expression editor option in the webmap. But I opened the custom attribute display window and it doesn't reflect the custom attributes that I created in ArcPro.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

You could copy and paste the Arcade expression from ArcGIS Pro into new Arcade expressions in the pop-up configuration, but that is not the idea. It should have passed directly from ArcGIS Pro to the published map. Let's CC Kory Kramer to be sure that this is true. I normally design my Arcade expressions in the web map rather than bring them over from ArcGIS Pro, but it should be a valid procedure to start in Pro. 

Might be best to contact Support and work with them to see what is happening in the process.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I agree that it would be best to work through Support to fully investigate at this point.  Xander is right that the concept is that Arcade expressions authored in ArcGIS Pro should be carried across the platform.  If that is not happening, it should be investigated through technical support.  Thank you!

AngelaDeegan
Occasional Contributor

Okay thanks Kory and xander_bakker‌. I'll contact support about this.