Refine interior Orientation question ?

03-12-2020 07:40 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I have a question for those who have went through OrthoMapping 

I have read this but I may have miss something...

Refine interior orientation using fiducials—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

What if I wanted to use this to fiducial markers to my aerial photos and can I save it as a table and use it to another software without having to use it ?

I have a lot of scanned aerial photos that are old and have no information that I need to orthorecifiy them... They are in the 1938's 

Is that possible ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisHuang8
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can. The tool will generate a fiducial marker table which records image space to film space links per fiducial. You could continue to execute block adjustment in orthomapping  or free to use in other software (you may need to do some conversion work). 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Ok so what if you have image that has no information but you need to input the latitude and longitude for each point on the image that has the fiducial markers I think there are 4 for each image ? Would that work ?

0 Kudos
ChrisHuang8
Esri Contributor

Some prepare work is needed:

- per image: You only need to provide a center point (x, y, z) per image. Besides this 

- per camera: focal length (micron), principle point(micron) scanned pixel size (micron), fiducial film coordinates from camera report

You may find more detail in Create an ortho mapping workspace for scanned aerial imagery—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

0 Kudos