Select to view content in your preferred language

Help with layouts

Jump to solution
05-10-2024 11:39 AM
JimWooten
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have the attached map and I want to show just the geocoded addresses for candidate A represented by gray stars on the top map layout and just the geocoded addresses for candidate B represented by red stars on the bottom map layout.  I have 2 map frames if that helps.  Any help is appreciated.  Step-by-step help would be appreciated even more 😊. Thanks.

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindaWilliams1
Frequent Contributor

One way to do this would be to duplicate the map that your map frames are based on, perhaps name them MapA and MapB to keep track of which will show what data. The top map frame will point to MapA and the bottom map frame to MapB. Within each map, use a definition query to include only the Candidate A addresses in MapA and the Candidate B address in MapB. Then set your address symbology to show gray stars in MapA and red stars in MapB. By pointing your two map frames to two unique maps you can control specific details independently of the other map frame. This is similar to how an overview or key map is done within a layout.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LindaWilliams1
Frequent Contributor

One way to do this would be to duplicate the map that your map frames are based on, perhaps name them MapA and MapB to keep track of which will show what data. The top map frame will point to MapA and the bottom map frame to MapB. Within each map, use a definition query to include only the Candidate A addresses in MapA and the Candidate B address in MapB. Then set your address symbology to show gray stars in MapA and red stars in MapB. By pointing your two map frames to two unique maps you can control specific details independently of the other map frame. This is similar to how an overview or key map is done within a layout.

JimWooten
Frequent Contributor

Hi LindaWilliams1

Your reply gave me an idea and I think it solves the problem.  I created a new map layout, selected the "Candidate A" layer, and exported that map as a .jpeg.  I then repeated for Candidate B, exported it as a second .jpeg.  I then inserted the two maps onto a MS Word doc, and saved as a doc and .pdf.  That should satisfy the client for now.  Thanks.

Jim

0 Kudos