Select to view content in your preferred language

Help remove a feature

01-12-2023 05:47 AM
LV11
by
New Contributor II

Hello!

I hope here is someone who could help me sort out this problem.

Somehow accidentally i have activated a feature (time line or something like that), and now, whenever i create a new project or open old ones, this time feature stays. I couldn't found how to turn it off or remove. I attached a photo to see what I am talking about. Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

You can activate the time feature on layers. You seem to have done that (accidentally) for at least one of your layers.

To deactivate:

Go into the layer properties, switch to the Time tab, switch the Layer Time property to "No time". Do this for each layer.

JohannesLindner_0-1673533321099.png

I'm not sure why you would see the time line on new and old projects. Do you use saved layer files in multiple projects?

Have a great day!
Johannes
LV11
by
New Contributor II

Hello!

I looked trough several projects, and I couldn't find which layer has time feature on, because for all layers time wasn't enabled. Maybe there is another way to turn this feature off?

0 Kudos
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

As far as I know, no.

You can try running this script in the Python window of each project. It will tell you which layers have time enabled.

aprx = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("current")
for m in aprx.listMaps():
    for layer in m.listLayers():
        if layer.supports("isTimeEnabled") and layer.isTimeEnabled:
            print(f"Time is enabled for Map {m.name}, Layer {layer.name}")

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
LV11
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the code. I ran it and it showed the layer to which the time tool is enabled. Only it is a WMS layer, and in the properties window, there is no such option for time. so I can't disabled it. 

LV11_0-1674745235678.pngLV11_1-1674745259654.png

0 Kudos
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

OK, at least we found it...

You can ask the author of the WMS to disable time on the WMS or to supply parameters to do it yourself. If they don't, you probably have to live with the time slider.

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
TampaPortDR
New Contributor II

ESRI's continually making things more complicated than they have to be. Every layer in a map needs a time turn on/off switch that can be applied to the entire map project. Have this issue in a massive project I adopted and it's taking a long time to find out each layer that has it on, and turn off the time slider for every single layer...Such a headache.

0 Kudos